A few years ago, the OpenBLD.net DNS service was launched into open access. The service was originally introduced as
Open BLD Sys-Admin DNS Service. But over time, it was decided to rename the service to OpenBLD.net, since this name, the domain is more consonant with the name of the project.
Main goals of the OpenBLD.net DNS service
- Reducing the likelihood of information threats
- Work without agents and without installing additional software
- Reducing the load on memory, processor, network
- Accelerating the loading of web pages
- Concentration on target information, without being distracted by advertising
- Reduced heat generation from the computer and its power consumption
- Blocking adware, spyware, malware, phishing, tracking, telemetry, analytics, ads, banners, popups, etc.
Usage of OpenBLD.net DNS service
The service is easy to configure on any device or browser that supports DNS/DoT/DoH protocols.
The service is provided free of charge. But if you want to support the project, you can do it by
transferring any amount to PayPal or in any other way
available to you - [how to help the project](97. contribute-and-donate.md).
OpenBLD.net DNS can be configured for yourself, family, home or office. Usually the service has a minimum required set
restrictive mechanisms in terms of the number of incoming requests, but this does not mean that the service you can be "loaded in full",
the result of such use may mean a complete automatic ban on your subnet.
If necessary, to increase the number of incoming requests, you just need to contact me via Contacts (98.contacts.md)
and we will discuss your situation.